A variety of significant decisions were taken on the coronavirus outbreak at the emergency security council led by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Heads of the Pakistan Army, Navy, and Air Force, and Chief Ministers of all provinces also participated at the recently concluded conference. Several of the findings of the highly profiled meeting are as follows:
- Pakistan Day parade has been called off.
- The country’s borders on all sides will be sealed off for the next 15 days.
- The incoming international flights will be allowed at Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi airports only.
- Ban has been imposed on public gatherings including weddings in marriage halls
- PSL matches in Lahore, including the final, will also be played behind closed doors
- All the educational institutes throughout the country will remain closed till 5th April
The global pandemic has caused more than 5,000 deaths worldwide with close to 140,000 reported cases.