Sindh Restricts Taraweeh Prayers as Coronavirus Cases Increase By 80%

Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah late Thursday night announced that the taraweeh prayers will only be offered by mosque’s administration.

CM Sindh, In a video message on Twitter, said that Friday and taraweeh prayers by the people at large must be observed at home.

The chief minister said that he had spoken to President Arif Alvi in this regard and had received his nod for the decision. “The president said it is up to the provincial government,” said Shah.

Shah said taking such “difficult decisions” are a government’s responsibility and this decision was taken especially keeping in mind doctors’ recommendations.

The provincial chief also announced that, on Friday, a complete lockdown would be imposed in the province during 12-3pm  to curb the spread of the virus. 

Earlier in the day, President Alvi had sought to remind everyone that there are certain conditions under which congregational prayers have been allowed in mosques under the 20-point agreement reached between the ulema and the government.

In a tweet, President Alvi said: “All those concerned about the SOPs regarding prayers in mosques and responsibilities of implementation […] please read the following.”

President Alvi underscored that whereas the ulema have fully entrusted the provincial governments to implement their lockdowns or decide on conditions under which prayers will be held in mosques, people are nonetheless reminded that they are urged “to pray at home”.

Similar Articles

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Advertisment

Most Popular