Notification of public holiday on 1st Muharram-Ul-Haram 2020 has been issued by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) Administration Department on 20th August, 2020.
First Day of Muharram-Ul-Haram (1442 Hijri) is Thursday 20th August, 2020
However, the Islamic year is started from 1st Moharram and ends on Zulhijja. This public holiday is due to the 1st day of the Islamic year and also the martyrdom of our 2nd Caliph Hazrat Umar (RA).
It is notified for general information that 1st Muharram-Ul-Haram 1442 A.H will be Public Holiday (Subject to sighting of the moon by Markazi Reut-e-Hilal Committee Pakistan).
The Notification may be given wide publicity through print and electronic media about the Public Holiday on 1st Muharram-Ul-Haram 1442 Hijri.
Copy forwarded to the:-
- Principal Secretary to Governor, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Principal Secretary to chief Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Military Secretary to Governor, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Principal Staff Officer to Chief Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Director (Protocal), Administration Department.
- Secretary Benevolent Fund Cell, Peshawar Cantt.
- Director PMRU, Chief Secretary’s Office, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Director, Staff Training institute, Peshawar.
- All Additional Secretaries/all Deputy Secretaries in E&A Department.
- Commissioner, Afghan Refugees, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Ss to Provincial Ministers, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Private Secretary to Chief Secretary, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Headquarter, 11-Corps Peshawar Cantt:
- Director General NAB, Hayatabad Peshawar
Furthermore, the chief Secretary and Section Officer countersign this notification and there is a public holiday on 1st Muharram in all Public and Private sectors of KPK. Therefore, further details of notification are as below;