Need to transfer money, pay your bills, and top up your mobile credit from the comfort of your home? Create an Easypaisa account and you’ll be able to do all that and much more. Below, we’ll share the details on how to open an Easypaisa account for free, what benefits and services you can get from having an Easypaisa account, and how this service is making monetary transactions and transfers easy all across the country.
Launched in 2009 as a collaboration between Telenor and Tameer Microfinance Bank (known as Telenor Microfinance Bank since 2016-17), Easypaisa is one of Pakistan’s first mobile banking platforms and is also the only Global System for Mobile Communications (GSMA) certified mobile money service in Pakistan. It is also among the best online payment services in Pakistan.
While the company was initially launched only as a money transfer service within Pakistan, it has now made it more convenient than ever before to perform all kinds of monetary transactions throughout the country in a fast, convenient, and reliable manner.
Along with constant upgrades and innovations, the Easypaisa mobile account and the Easypaisa App (available for both Android and iOS) have now made branchless banking a possibility with the help of Telenor Microfinance Bank.
Thus, Easypaisa is now a bank account connected to your phone that any mobile subscriber can create with ease to transfer and receive funds in a matter of minutes, irrespective of where they are located within the country.
From the payment of utility bills to bank transfers and mobile top-ups, simple methods can allow you to perform a range of financial transactions once you sign up with an Easypaisa account.
HOW TO OPEN AN EASYPAISA ACCOUNT
Considering the ease brought by Easypaisa, it is vital to know how to open an Easypaisa account to avail all of the platform’s services. There are two possible ways of availing Easypaisa’s services:
- The Easypaisa App
- The Easypaisa Mobile Account
Let’s cover the steps to open an Easypaisa account in detail below for both options.
THE EASYPAISA APP
If you want to open an account on the Easypaisa app, you should follow the steps given below if you own a smartphone:
- Download the Easypaisa app from the Google Play Store or App Store for iOS
- Open the app once it is installed
- Enter your mobile number in the space provided and tap Next
- Enter your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number and the Date of Issuance for your CNIC
- Select your city from the options provided
- Enter a 5-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) code in both the provided spaces to create your Easypaisa account
- Once the registration is complete, you will have complete access to the app and its array of services
Please note that the app is set to English by default but can be used in Urdu as well. Moreover, please make sure that you memorise the PIN code to open the Easypaisa account at any time without any inconvenience.
THE EASYPAISA MOBILE ACCOUNT
Ease of access is one of the core principles of Easypaisa and this is why the service is not only restricted to smartphone users. If you use a cell phone that does not have Wi-Fi connectivity or the compatibility to download mobile applications, you can use the following steps to open an Easypaisa account that is connected entirely to your mobile phone number. Since the process differs for Telenor and non-Telenor users, we’ll cover both separately.
For Telenor Users
If you are a Telenor user or own an active Telenor sim registered to your name, you can dial *786# from your phone to create your Easypaisa account. You will be asked to enter a 5-digit PIN code on the call and to re-enter it for confirmation. Then, all you need to do is dial *786# whenever you want to avail any of Easypaisa’s services.
Alternatively, you can also visit any Telenor Franchise or Easypaisa retailer in Pakistan to open your account.
For Non-Telenor Users
The process of opening an Easypaisa account is slightly long for non-Telenor users but you can easily do so by following the steps below:
- Send a text message to 0345-1113737 with ‘EP<space>Your CNIC Number’
- You will then get a call from an Easypaisa representative for verification
- After verification, you will need to create a 5-digit PIN code when the call is redirected
- Remember that PIN code as you will need to send it in the text message once the call is over
- Type ‘PIN<space>5-digit pin code<space>Confirm 5-digit pin code’ in a text message before sending it to 0345-1113737
- Wait for a confirmation SMS from 3737 that will indicate that your Easypaisa account has now been successfully created
HOW TO DEPOSIT MONEY INTO YOUR EASYPAISA ACCOUNT
To perform any form of monetary transaction with Easypaisa, you will need to deposit some money into your account. You can deposit money into your Easypaisa account via the following methods:
- Visit any of the 90,000+ Easypaisa shops in Pakistan
- Perform a bank transfer from any bank account
- Transfer money to your account from another Easypaisa account
- Use your local or international Visa/MasterCard-supported Debit Card or Credit Card
You can then use any of the available Easypaisa Cashpoints to use the deposited funds.
BENEFITS OF HAVING AN EASYPAISA ACCOUNT
There are plenty of benefits of having an Easypaisa account. Some of the major ones include:
- Account registration bonus of PKR 50 on the Easypaisa App
- Quick and easy transfer of money to any bank account or Easypaisa account in Pakistan
- Daily cashback on every transaction with a balance of PKR 1,000
- Secure and convenient payment of utility bills with just a few steps
- Availability of short term loans of PKR 10,000
- Ease of international money transfers
- Top up of credit balance for prepaid sims of all networks
- Payment of bills for postpaid sims of all networks
- Provision of Easypaisa ATM card for easy cash withdrawal from any ATM
- Convenient purchase of bus and movie tickets, as well as leading insurance options
- Effortless process to split a bill with friends or send monetary gifts to family
- Swift payments with the use of a QR code scanner
- Easy Business facility for partnering with Easypaisa
Now you know all about opening an Easypaisa account for free. Fill this form if you are interested in opening an Easypaisa retailer account instead.
Telenor users can call 3737 and non-Telenor users can call 042-111-003-737 from their mobile phones in case of any confusion. You can visit the official site of Easypaisa for more details. You can also check out Easypaisa’s latest products and promotions online.