Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) issued list of business located at eight major cities of the country for making mandatory the online integration under income tax laws.
The FBR issued SRO 779(I)/2020 to amend Income Tax Rules 2002 and made mandatory for business located in eight major cities including Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Peshawar and Gujranwala to integrate their outlets to share online details of transactions.
According to the FBR the businesses, which shall require the integration are included:
- hotels, motels, guest houses, marriage halls, marquees, clubs (including race clubs);
- inter-city travel by road;
- courier services and cargo services;
- services provided for personal care by beauty parlors, clinics and slimming clinics, body massage centers; pedicure centers, including cosmetic and plastic surgery by such parlors / clinics;
- medical practitioners and consultants;
- pathological laboratories, medical diagnostic laboratories including X-rays, CT Scan, M R Imaging etc.;
- Hospitals or medical care centers providing medical consultants, hospitalization or other ancillary services;
- Health clubs, gyms, physical fitness centers and body or sauna message centers;
- Retailers including manufacturer-cum-retailer, wholesaler-cum-retailer, importer-cum-retailer or such other person who combines the activity of retail sale with another business activity.