The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program, funded by the U.S. Department of State, provides scholarships for Matric and O-Level students from Pakistan to spend 1 year in the United States. YES, Youth Exchange and Study Program are only for Pakistani Students. This is a Fully Funded International Scholarships. Every High School Student from Pakistan can apply.
The participants should be in class 9th & 10th. The last date fro the submission of applications is 20th October, 2020.
Round Airfare Tickets from your nearest hub to USA, Visa, Accommodation in USA , Monthly Stipend will be provided to participants by ECA. The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program has provided scholarships to 1,274 high school students from all over Pakistan.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for Youth Study YES Scholarship USA
- Students enrolled in 9th or 10th grade or â€˜Oâ€™ Levels students.Â (Oâ€™ Level 11thÂ graders are not eligible)
- Minimum 60% marks in all major/core subjects (English, Mathematics, Sciences) in the last examination; overall minimum average 60% marks for the past three years.Â (Students with a gap year or a repeated year are not eligible.)
- Pakistani citizen residing in Pakistan
- Have not traveled to the United States.
- Minimum 15 years of age and not older than 17 years on August 1, 2021.Â (born between 1 August 2004 to 1 August 2006)
- Can communicate in English. Minimum 60% marks in English exam during the past three yearsÂ (2017-18, 2018-19,Â and 2019-20).
Minimum 60% marks in all subjects in the examination that will be held before departure to the U.S.A. (The annual exams that will be held in 2021). Students will be required to send their mark sheets of the last examination when they receive the mark sheets.
Students who meet the following in addition to the above criteria are likely to be short listed for the final round of selection.
- Pass Entry Test.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- Willingness to participate in host familyâ€™s daily life.
- Agreement to attend classes as a full-time student and maintain at least a â€˜Bâ€™ Grade average in American high school.
- Willingness and agreement to abide by the â€˜YES Student Rulesâ€™ as outlined in the YES Final Application and all other rules and policies during the program.
- Know and practiceÂ Pakistani culture and values, and able to represent the same in the U.S. schools and communities.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, adaptability, good character and scholastic aptitude.
- Record of all necessary immunizations, as outlined in the Final Student Application, before arriving in the U.S.A.
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements.
STEP-1 Preliminary Application
Students who fulfill the Selection Criteria and agree to the Parent Student Agreement and General Program Rules can apply for the scholarship. They can download the Preliminary Applications fromÂ www.yespk.org and send the documents through courier SIE office. Female students, students with physical disabilities and students from non-elite and government schools who meet the criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
Students who are eligible according to the Selection Criteria but their schools are not interested in forwarding the YES Preliminary Applications can courier their applications independently.
STEP-2 Entry Test:
- After initial Preliminary Application screening, shortlisted applicants will be notified for YES
- ‘Entry Test through letters sent to their address mentioned in the Preliminary Applications.
STEP-3 Interview and Group Activity:
- Students who pass the Entry Test will be sent/couriered Interview letters with YES Final
- Students will be required to fill up YES Final Application and appear in Interviews. (Students must come with completed YES Final Application along with required documents.)
STEP-4 Standardized English language test for international students:
- Short listed students after the interviews will be required to take a standardized English language test for international students.
STEP-5 Final Evaluation:
- Final selection of students will be based on Entry Test, Interviews and neatly filled completed YES Final Application with all required documents.
- The finalists will be notified by a letter and Scholarship Acceptance form from the YES program office.
Important Note:Â Â Providing any false/forged documents or information or any discrepancy found at any stage of selectionÂ process will result in disqualification of the applicant.
Keep checking the announcement section of YES website or Facebook page for updates and information.