State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has announced on 2nd October, 2020 regarding the refinance cum credit guarantee scheme for women entrepreneurs.
According to the Government of Pakistan’s policy to support and revive economic activities in the country and State Bank of Pakistan (SSP’s) measures for improving access to finance for the women entrepreneurs” a refinance cum credit guarantee scheme was launched in August 2017 in selected districts for women borrowers.
The scope of scheme has been extended to all districts of Pakistan vide SBPIH & SMEFD Circular Letter No 01 of 2019. Under the scheme, banks and DFls are providing financing facilities to women entrepreneurs to meet credit needs of their businesses at a mark-up rate of upto 5% per annum. Key features of the scheme are as under: –
- Financing is available to women entrepreneurs across the country for a period of upto 5 years, including maximum grace period of upto six months.
- Maximum financing limit under the scheme is Rs 5 million (Rupees five million)’.
- Financing under the scheme is being provided for setting up of new business enterprises or for expansion of existing ones
- 60% risk coverage is available against outstanding principal.
- At least 20% of total financing under the scheme has been allocated for Balochistan.
- Details of the scheme are available at website:
In case of query, email at firstname.lastname@example.org