In the first step, we will share information about getting Learner Driving License in the capital.
Essential Documents for Learner License:
The candidate must have:
- Original CNIC card (The CNIC must have permanent/temporary address of Islamabad)
- The photocopy of original CNIC
- Form-B (for Medical Certificate)
Note: Applicants visiting Police Facilitation Center F-6 will need to bring Form-B with them. However, the applicants visiting F-8 Office will get an examination by an inhouse officer; therefore, they will not need to bring Form B with them.
Procedure to get Learner Permit:
The applicant must follow these steps to get Learner Permit:
- Applicant must appear in Traffic Police Office physically.
- Islamabad Traffic Police Office is on West Service Road of Sector F-8/1.
- After parking your car in the parking area of Street No.32, the applicant should get their token from QMS reception after showing original CNIC.
- Afterwards, sit in One-Window Hall and wait for your turn. Then he/she will submit personal information and must double-check the information.
- After registering information, receive your Learner Driving License. You have to attend one-hour class on road safety and traffic laws. At the end of class, get your permit stamped from the instructor.
- Go to Islamabad Traffic Police Officer after 42 days to give your driving test. (The applicant must have his/her own car for the test)
Procedure to get Permanent Driving License:
After getting the learner permit, the applicant must follow these steps to acquire a permanent driving license in Islamabad:
- Every candidate has to pass the road sign and driving test
- After completion of 42 days, the candidate must go to Traffic Police Officer with his/her Learner Permit, Original CNIC and its copy, collect his token from QMS and wait in One-Window hall
- Upon turn, go to the relevant counter, where an official will get picture and thumb impression of the applicant
- Acquire Test Form and attack Leaner Slip and CNIC copy with it
- Candidates who want to give a theory test on the touchscreen can go to Theory Touch Screen Test Room
Process of Theory Test Through Touchscreen:
- Time of touchscreen test is 4 minutes
- Candidate has to give answers to 10 questions. Every question has 10 numbers
- The applicant must get 70 numbers (out of 100) to pass the test
Note: The candidates who want to give Manual Theory Test, they can give the test at the same spot
Driving Test for Driving License in Islamabad:
- The candidates who passed the Road Sign Test will give the Driving Test in Traffic Theme Park.
- After clearing the Driving Test, the candidate will submit his/her form in Inspector Licensing Office. The office will issue Driving License Slip with the date of issuance of the license. On said date, the applicant can get his/her license from Delivery Counter.
- All the dues will be submitted at National Bank of Pakistan branch inside Traffic Police Office.
Here is the Fee Structure for Learner and Permanent Driving License:
|Learner Permit Fee||Fee (PKR)|
|Learner Permit for 6 months (Each Category) including NADRA verification fee||349|
|Double Category Learner (Bike+Car/Jeep Or LTV/HTV Or PSV with NDRA fee||640|
|Renewal of Learner Permit Including NADRA fee||199|
|Duplicate Learner Permit including NADRA fee||199|
|Fresh/Permanent License Fee|
|Non Professional License||1800|
|Professional License (Single Category)||1800|
|Professional License (Bike+LTV/HTV Or PSV||2100|
|Renewal/Duplicate/Conversion License Fee|
|Renewal of License within 1 year of Expiry with NADRA fee||1149|
|Renewal of License after 1 year but within 3 years including NADRA fee||1949|
|Renewal of License after 3 years (Applicant has to give new Test) with NADRA fee||4649|
|Fee for Conversion, Duplicate and Addition (Endorsement) with NADRA fee||1649|
|Restoration Fee After Suspension of License|
|Restoration of License in case of Suspension|
|NADRA Verfication Fee||49|