A Child Registration Certificate (CRC), which is commonly known as B-form, is one of the most important documents issued by NADRA. It is used for the registration of young children and teenagers under the age of 18, who are not eligible to apply for a CNIC/Smart Card in Pakistan.
So, if you are also looking to apply for a B-form as a parent or guardian of a child, but don’t know how to go about the process, then you have made it to the right post. In this blog, we are going to give you step-by-step instructions on the application process for a Child Registration Certificate for its issuance from the National Database Regulatory Authority (NADRA).
Now, first of all, let’s get to know why it is important for parents/guardians to apply for a CRC.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO APPLY FOR A CHILD REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE (CRC)?
Children under the age of 18 may need B-form to appear in Matric/Inter Board examinations, apply for a passport, and get done with many other legal processes. This is why it is mandatory for the parents/guardians to have their CRCs with them.
NADRA has a very simple application process for B-forms with an affordable fee. So, let’s get started with our step-by-step guide in this regard!
HOW TO APPLY FOR A B-FORM FROM NADRA
Like other documents, NADRA has not introduced an online portal for the application process of a CRC, which means you have to apply for it by visiting your nearest NADRA office. The process has been detailed as follow:
- Upon visiting the NADRA office, you will be issued with a token.
- Your photograph and fingerprints will be taken for the process. It is mandatory for one of the parents to be present at the time of the application process. In case, you are a guardian of an applicant, you need to have an authorization letter signed and attested by a gazetted government officer as well as a guardianship certificate.
- All the required data will be fetched from your child’s birth certificate issued by the Union Council (UC). Make sure that it does not contain any spelling errors. If so, you need to get it corrected first from the concerned Union Council (UC).
- Once the data entry is completed, a form will be printed out so that you can review that every piece of information on it is correct.
- Now, hand over the form to the reception desk, where you will be informed about the estimated delivery time of the B-form, which usually takes a couple of days. However, NADRA’s official website mentions five working days.
- It is also worth noting that unlike a birth certificate, a B-form issued by NADRA also contains a national identity number for individuals under the age of 18, which is then used as the CNIC number upon its issuance.
Here are a couple of blogs that have the complete information and addresses of NADRA offices in Karachi and Lahore. So, go through them if you live in any of these two cities to locate your nearest NADRA office or executive centre. Or you can find your nearest NADRA facility by using the search tool available on their official website.
Timings of NADRA offices have been recently revised, they are now open from 8.30 am till 6 pm without any break. However, this rule does not apply to NADRA Mega Centres, which remain open 24/7.
NADRA B-FORM FEE DETAILS
If you apply for B-form from a normal NADRA office, it will cost you PKR 50 and may take longer to process. On the other hand, if you visit the NADRA executive centre, the application fee for a CRC will be PKR 500 and the process may only take a couple of days. The latter option is more convenient and hassle-free but it may cost you more. For more information on fee structure, you can also contact the official NADRA helpline by dialing 051-111-786-100.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CRC APPLICATION PROCESS
HOW CAN I REGISTER MY NEWBORN BABY IN PAKISTAN?
To register your newborn baby, you’ll first have to apply for the birth certificate from the concerned Union Council (UC). You can then register your child with NADRA by applying for the Child Registration Certificate (CRC).
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND B-FORM?
As discussed, a birth certificate is issued by the local Union Council (UC), whereas B-form is issued by NADRA. It also contains the national identity number of kids under the age of 18, who are not eligible to apply for a CNIC.
HOW CAN I CHANGE MY DATE OF BIRTH IN MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE IN PAKISTAN?
For any change in information mentioned in the birth certificate, you have to consult your local Union Council (UC). Also, make sure there are no other errors in the data before applying for the CRC.
HOW CAN I GET MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE ONLINE IN PAKISTAN?
You cannot apply for a birth certificate online in Pakistan. You have to visit your nearest UC office for the application process. Even NADRA has not introduced an online system for the CRC application process yet. You have to visit your nearest NADRA facility to apply for a B-form.
This was the complete process to apply for a Child Registration Certificate (CRC) from NADRA.