“This” being the end of the line for your TikTok account. It’s time to delete it.
We get it, though. After dozens upon dozens of “everything is cake” videos, you gotta say “enough’s enough” and pack it up. Even the Very Online people have limits. Or maybe you’re worried at how an app with an extremely unique algorithm is collecting a whole bunch of data on you. What are they doing with it all?
If you’re ready to escape TikTok forever (or at least until you get FOMO and create a new account), follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to your profile page by tapping “Me” in the bottom right corner.
2. Tap the menu icon in the top right corner.
3. In the menu, tap “Manage account.”
4. Tap “Delete account” at the very bottom.
5. Carefully read the bulleted information on the following screen! Here’s what it’ll look like:
6. Once you’ve read all that, and you still want to delete your account, tap “Continue” at the bottom.
TechBoomers notes that you may be asked to perform some sort of verification step after. It’ll depend on how you created your count (phone/email/etc). This is because the app wants to verify that the real owner of the account is making the decision to delete it.
Verify your info if you’re asked, and then your account will be deactivated.
As mentioned on the bulleted information screen above, your TikTok account will deactivate for a period of 30 days (ya know, just in case you suffer Account Deleter’s Remorse and want to request TikTok reinstates your account).
After that 30-day period, your account will be deleted.