Punjab Excise, Taxation and Narcotics Department has announced a new deadline for payment of vehicle token tax. “Only sixteen days left as payment deadline is extended to August 31, 2021,” the department said.
In an announcement, the department has offered a 15% rebate if the consumers pay the tax through E-Pay. “There will be 10% rebate and 5% discount through E-Pay,” the department announced. The department has urged the consumers to pay the tax as soon as possible to benefit from the offer.
➡️ Avail 15% DISCOUNT on Token Tax till 31st August!— Excise,Taxation & Narcotics Control Department (@ETNCDGOP) August 16, 2021
➡️ Pay online through E-Pay Punjab now!@SMUReforms @HafzMumtazAhmad @MashwaniAzhar @UsmanAKBuzdar @ePay_Punjab @GovtofPakistan @GovtofPunjabPK pic.twitter.com/M0v9xhrTys
Earlier, the Punjab Excise and Taxation Department had issued a warning for the vehicle owners who had not paid their annual token taxes. As per the official notice, all vehicle owners were given a 20-day deadline until June 30 to pay their vehicle token tax.
Excise Department also said that if vehicles owners didn’t pay the tax, it will:
- Seize the vehicle
- Issue an arrest warrant of the owner
- Charge heavy fine
- Issue challan and cancel the vehicle registration
How to Pay Vehicle Token Tax in Punjab
The Punjab E&T Department has made it easy for the citizens to pay all kinds of taxes. Citizens can pay their token taxes online without having to visit the office. Here’s how you do it.
- Install the e-Pay Punjab app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Create an account to get started
- Select Token Tax under the Excise and Taxation Department tab
- Enter vehicle registration number (e.g. LEA-123 or LEA-20-123)
- Confirm the details and generate a challan
- Note down the PISD number and pay your vehicle token tax using Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, ATM services, or OTC (Over the Counter) banking transaction.
Once done, don’t forget to take the token tax sticker and paste it on your car’s windshield.
Use the Motor Vehicle Tax Calculator to find how much token tax you owe for your vehicle. For more information, call 0800-08786, send an SMS to 8785.