The feature is available in your Story and shows you a memory in the form of Instagram content you posted on that date however many years ago. Here’s how to access it in just a couple easy steps.
1. Go to
2. Make sure you’re scrolled to “Story” at the bottom.
3. Tap the “Create” icon (the text symbol on the left of the screen).
4. Scroll to the right on the bottom until you get to the “On This Day” Feature — a symbol of a clock with a counter-clockwise arrow.
5. The feature will tell you if you have an “On This Day” by showing you one of your posts, along with how many years ago you posted it.
6. To add it to your Story, simply tap the clock symbol to capture the frame. Then, tap “Your Story” in the bottom left corner.
But there’s another way! You can also access the “On This Day” feature by accessing your Story Archive.
1. First, navigate to your Insta profile and tap the three lines in the upper right of the screen
2. Click on Archive
Your Archive will have things like posts you’ve archived, a calendar of when you posted to your story, locations, as well as “On This Day.”
3. Tap share under memories to access posts you’ve made “On This day.”
That’ll do it. Your “On This Day” post will be added to your Instagram Story for your followers (or your mom) to see and reminisce over. You can get cute and add stickers, text, or markups before you post. Or you can just leave it as is. Either way, let the reminiscing commence.