if you want to become a filer then you must have to get a National Tax Number (NTN) from FBR. Now need to know that How to get NTN?
How to become a filer? Simple just go to FBR website and create an account on it.
The first step in becoming a filer is to get NTN from FBR. Here is all
Getting NTN from FBR
- Firstly, you have to open the FBR IRIS portal using the link below.
- After that, click on registration for an unregistered person.
- Enter all details in the form which are asked from you such as CNIC number, name, address etc.
- You will receive two codes from FBR through SMS or email.
- After that, you have to enter the codes in the relevant field.
- Click on submit button and your account will be created.
- Now you have to log in to your account. FBR will send you the username and password sent to you via email or SMS. Use the username and password to log in to your account.
- After that, click on draft and you will see a 181 application form.
- You need to click on the edit button, to enter your details for NTN.
- Now just enter all the information in the form and attach all the relevant documents.
- Congratulations you will get an NTN from FBR in few hours.
Documents Required for NTN
- Copy of valid CNIC.
- Copy of recently paid electricity bill of the house (not older than 3 months).
- Latest payslip.
- Contact Numbers (Mobile & Landline) and valid Email address.
- National Tax Number (NTN) of Employer, Office Address, and valid Email address.
- For business NTN, you need to tell about the nature of the business, have to attach business letterhead and property or rental papers.
After you get NTN from FBR, you have to go back to the IRIS portal and have to follow the steps given below.
How to become a filer | Enrollment of a Registered Person
- When you are done with registering yourself in the FBR system then you have to open the IRIS portal again with the following link.
- After that, click on e-enrolment for registered person.
- A form will appear on your screen.
- Fill out all the information like CNIC number, name, cell number and valid email address etc.
- After that click on submit button.
- When you complete this e-enrolment registration, you will receive a password from FBR via SMS or email.
- Now enter the CNIC number in Registration No field and enter the password you received via SMS from FBR. Click on login.
- You will see the same draft option in it. You have to edit the form.
- Enter the relevant information in the Personal Tab, Business Tab, Property Tab, Link Tab and Bank Account tab. Attach the relevant documents in it as well.
- The information should be correct and should be of the current fiscal
- Click on submit button and you are done with this long process.
- After that, you will receive a confirmation email from FBR.
You can also check the Active Taxpayer list whether you are added in the list or not. How to check active taxpayer list (ATL). To find out follow the steps given below.
How To Check Active Taxpayer Status
There are different ways to check whether you are on the active taxpayer list or not. There is a complete income tax ATL available on FBR official website. You have to download the list and find your name in it.
- Open the FBR official website.
- Click on “ATL income tax“. After that, you will see an active taxpayer list for income tax which you can download into your computer.
- Download the list and check your name in it.
There is another way to check the ATL status. You can check the status via SMS. How to do it? Don’t worry we will tell you.
Checking ATL status via SMS
To check the status via SMS, you have to follow the steps given below.Advertisement
- Open your mobile phone message app
- Type ATL (space) 13 digits CNIC number and send it to 9966
- In case of checking ATL status of AOP or company, you have to type ATL (space) 7 digits NTN and send it to 9966.
Checking ATL status via Online Portal
To check the status via an online portal, you have to follow the steps given below.
- Open the following link in your web browser
- You will see two blank fields of Registration No and date respectively.
- After that, enter your CNIC or NTN in the Registration No field.
- You have to type the date as well.
- There is a captcha code given below the blank field. Write the code as it is and click on verify.
- After that, you will see ATL status.
These are some of the ways to check the ATL status. You can also become tax filer with FBR offline system. However, you have to hire a tax advisor to do your work. He or she will take all your documents to the regional office of FBR and will complete the procedure for you. But we suggest you use the online FBR system. It is easy and convenient as well. Yes, it will take some time to become a filer.