The National Poverty Graduation Initiative (NPGI) was launched under the Ehsaas program by the Pakistani government’s Poverty Alleviation & Social Safety Division. Providing financial help to low-income families and individuals. Every month, the Pakistani government distributes 80,000 interest-free loans via the scheme.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps of getting an interest-free loan through the Ehsaas program.
Features of the Interest-Free Loan
The following are the program’s key features:
- People with a poverty score of more than 40 are eligible for interest-free loans.
- Federal and provincial governments provide funding.
- Loan amounts range from PKR 20,000 to PKR 75,000.
- Women will receive 50% of the loans.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants from vulnerable underserve groups, such as skilled young, women, people with disabilities, transgender people, Benazir Income Support Program, Zakat, and Bait-ul-Maal beneficiaries.
- Every month, 80,000 loans are disbursed through 1,100 lending facilities throughout Pakistan.
Eligibility for an Interest-Free Loan Under Ehsaas Program
- Between the ages of 18 and 60.
- A valid Computerized National Identity Card is required of the applicant (CNIC).
- Residents of the district’s targeted union council.
- A business plan that is economically beneficial.
Where to Apply for an Interest-Free Loan Under Ehsaas Program?
The interest-free loan is being provided by 22 partner groups around the country in rural areas, cities, and towns. The following links include information on districts, loans centers, names of partner organizations, focus individuals, and contact information.
How to Apply for an Interest-Free Loan Under Ehsaas Program
- Locate your local Loan Center and take down the contact information for the Focal Person and Loan Center (search for your District, Tehsil, or Union Council in the Search Bar).
- For further information, contact your Loan Center.
- Your loan application form will be filled out by a loan officer if you qualify.
- The concerned personnel will pay a visit to your home or neighborhood to check your information.
- If your application is approved, the loan officer will contact you.
- If no objections are raised, the loan will be approved within 2-4 weeks.
- The loan officer will hand over the interest-free loan check to you as per the planned schedule.
- For further information on Ehsaas interest-free loans in Urdu and English, go to the Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) website.