The Ehsaas Kafaalat Program/Benazir Income Support (BISP) program is one of Pakistan’s major poverty-reduction initiatives, providing cash transfers to low-income households. Many people are now attempting to register for the program in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdowns and decline in economic activity.
In this article, we will go over the Ehsaas Kafaalat program of the Government of Pakistan in detail, including eligibility, registration, and benefits.
What is the Ehsaas Kafaalat Program, and what are the advantages for registered beneficiaries?
The Ehsaas Kaafalat Program is a social safety initiative of the Government of Pakistan that aims to uplift deprived communities and alleviate poverty through financial assistance in the form of monthly stipends.
Monthly stipend of PKR 2000
The government provides a monthly stipend of PKR 2000/-. Through bank accounts, the program was recently expanded from 7 million to 10 million identified and deserving individuals in 113 districts of Pakistan.
Priority Support to Registered Beneficiaries
Beneficiaries registered under the Kafaalat Program are frequently the first to receive assistance following a major crisis in the country. During the COVID-19 pandemic, for example, the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Transfer and Ehsaas Rashan initiatives were implemented. Beneficiaries of Ehsaas Kafaalat are also eligible for other social safety net programs such as Ehsaas Interest-Free Loans, Waseela-e-Taleem, Waseela-e-Rozgar, and so on.
Women’s Economic Empowerment
Because the Ehsaas Kafaalat Program’s primary focus is on women, it opens the door for women’s financial inclusion and provides an opportunity for them to interact formally with the country’s economy through the ‘One Woman, One Bank Account’ initiative. In accordance with the Ehsaas Kafaalat Program:
- Women from low-income families can open bank accounts.
- The program provides smartphones to women in order to ensure their connectivity.
- Kafaalat, as a key component of the Ehsaas program, assists women in becoming financially independent and escaping poverty through social protection, employment opportunities by strengthening women’s livelihoods, incentivizing girls to pursue education, and improving the accessibility and quality of available health care. Beneficiaries are given access to a variety of other initiatives through the Ehsaas Program for this purpose.
Who is Eligible for the BISP/Kafaalat Program and How to Apply?
There are several ways to participate in the BISP / Kafaalat Program. You can participate in the program in the following ways:
How are Beneficiaries Selected?
Household surveys and Ehsaas National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) Desk Registration Centers are used to identify beneficiaries. A web service and SMS are also used to help with the process. Each of the 113 districts has at least one registration desk.
Ehsaas Kafaalat Program Eligibility
Ehsaas Kafaalat is only available to low-income households. Employees of the government, their spouses, those who own a car, and those who frequently travel to foreign countries are not eligible for this program.
How Do I Register for the Ehsaas Kafaalat Program?
- Currently, registration centers can be found in 113 districts across Pakistan.
- You can find your nearest Ehsaas registration center by visiting the Ehsaas Program website.
- Select your district to learn more about the Ehsaas registration survey and to see if the program is available in your area.
- Names, addresses, Google Map locations, and contact numbers for registration centers will be displayed to you.
- If your district is on the list, text your National Identity Card (CNIC) number to 8171 to schedule an appointment at the nearest center.
Beneficiaries’ Payment Method
Find Out More About the Kafaalat Program
You can view this document or visit the Ehsaas Kafaalat Program’s website, NSER survey, call 051-9240024, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.