Hide My Email is a feature in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 that allows you to hide and keep your personal email address private. Users can use the feature to share unique, random email addresses with websites and apps that ask for their personal email addresses for signups.
The random addresses allow you to forward emails to your personal inbox while also allowing you to delete them at any time. Hide My Email can also be accessed directly from Safari, Mail, and iCloud settings on iPhone and iPad.
In this blog entry, we’ll show you how to use Hide My Email on Apple device step by step
Before we get started, remember that the Hide My Email feature is part of iCloud+, which is a paid subscription-based service that starts at Rs. 75 ($0.99 in the US) per month.
The feature is a follow-up to Apple’s existing Sign in with Apple feature, which was introduced in 2019 and is limited to services that can be signed up for with an Apple ID. Apart from Apple’s Sign in, Hide My Email allows users to create random email addresses that can be used anywhere. Users can also handle their existing random email addresses at any time and deactivate any of them.
How to set up Hide My Email
Hide My Email can be set up once you have iCloud+ installed on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to do it.
- Select Settings, then tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Select iCloud > Hide My Email from the drop-down menu.
- Create a new address by tapping +. This allows Apple to generate a random email address with @icloud.com that you can use to sign up for new sites or apps without revealing your personal email address to the developers. Emails sent to the randomly generated email address will be delivered to your inbox.
- If you want the randomly generated email address, click Continue. You can also tap Use different address to receive a new email.
- You must now make a label for your address in order to remember how you will use it in the future. You can also make a note for future use.
- From the top-right corner, tap Next.
Your new email address has been created and is ready to use. When you want to use it on your iPhone or iPad, simply copy it from the Hide My Email settings.
How do I manage or delete the email addresses I’ve made with hiding My Email?
The steps to manage or delete your randomly generated email addresses using Hide My Email are outlined below.