Do you want to know how to block unknown numbers on an Android phone? On Android, Google provides the option to block unknown numbers by default. However, because the Android world is so varied, there is no one way to block unknown numbers on phones from different manufacturers.
You can block unknown numbers on your phone in many ways depending on the skin and interface you use. Having said that, this guide will help you to some extent in getting rid of unwanted callers.
In this article, we will go over how to block an unknown number on your Android phone. We’ll start with the steps you can take if you have a Google Pixel phone or a phone that has the Google Phone app installed. It is pre-installed on devices such as the OnePlus Nord 2 5G and several Nokia smartphones. You can also get the Google Phone app from Google Play for your Android device.
Later in this article, you will also learn how to block unknown numbers on a Samsung phone and a Xiaomi model.
How to block unknown numbers on an Android phone with Google Phone app
Here are the steps for blocking unknown numbers on an Android phone with the Google Phone app installed. If you have a Samsung phone, continue reading to learn about the steps you can take.
- Go to the Phone app.
- Tap the three-dot button in the dialler search bar’s upper right corner.
- Now, go to Settings, then Blocked numbers.
- Select the Unknown option.
- It is important to note that on Android, the term “unknown” does not refer to phone numbers that are not saved in your contacts. In contrast to the iPhone, this is intended specifically for calls that appear on your caller ID as ‘private’ or ‘unknown.’
How to block unknown numbers on Android phone from Samsung
The steps to block unknown numbers on a Samsung Android phone are outlined below.
- Go to the Phone app.
- Select Settings from the three-dot menu.
- Now, tap the Block numbers button.
- To block private and unknown numbers on your phone, select Block unknown/ hidden numbers.
How to block unknown numbers on Android phone from Xiaomi
To block unknown numbers on a Xiaomi Android phone, follow the steps outlined below. To detail the steps, we considered a phone running MIUI 12.5. However, if you have a different MIUI version on your device, you may notice some differences.
- Open the phone.
- From the search bar, click on the three-dot button.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Tap Unknown to block all calls from unknown callers.
- In addition to the default methods, there are a variety of third-party apps, such as Truecaller, that can assist you in blocking unknown numbers on your Android phone.