If you own a car or a motorcycle, you must pay token taxes and challans (also known as E-Challans). Because these are somewhat necessary with the vehicles. Paying challans physically is a hassle for most of us, and the same is true for token taxes. The reason for this is that it takes a significant amount of time and energy.
So, relying on technology, the Punjab Excise and Taxation Department has simplified the process by moving it online. You can now pay e-challans and token taxes with a few taps on your smartphone. Let us walk you through this simple procedure.
Steps to Pay E- Challan
- Follow these simple steps to conveniently pay your challan.
- Download the ePay Punjab App from your mobile phone’s app store.
- Select the Punjab Police tab.
- Then select the E-Challan Safe City tab.
- Enter your vehicle’s or bike’s registration number.
- Now, click the Pay button, which will generate a PSID number.
- Take note of the PSID number.
- Log in to your bank app, go to payments, and then select the GoPb option in the bill payment options.
- Enter the PSID number and click OK.
- The app will display information about any e-challan(s) issued against your vehicle.
- Enter the amount and click the confirm/pay button.
- A message indicating a successful transaction will appear on the screen.
- After a few moments, you can return to the ePay app to check the status of your challan.
- In addition, if you want to pay the challan,
Steps to Pay Token Tax
- Except for a few preliminary steps, the process of paying the Token Tax is nearly identical.
- Install the ePay app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Token Tax section.
- Obtain your PSID number
- Follow the e-challan payment procedure.