Breaking: Court Announces Decision of Noor Mukadam Murder Case

After a four-month trial, a local court in Islamabad sentenced Zahir Jaffer to death for the murder of Noor Mukadam.

The verdict had been reserved following the conclusion of the prosecution and defense arguments earlier this week.

The trial court had finally reached a decision in the high-profile case after the counsel representing Noor’s father finished his arguments at Tuesday’s hearing, after multiple twists and deferrals.

The gruesome murder trial lasted four months and eight days.

‘Everyone is hoping for Noor’s justice.’

Noor’s father, Shaukat Mukadam, told the media ahead of the verdict’s announcement that everyone is hopeful that Noor will receive justice.

“The murderer and his accomplices will face justice, and the rule of law will prevail,” Shaukat said.

“I pray that the decision in the murder case of Noor Mukadam is based on justice.”

The murder

On July 20, 2021, Noor, 27, was discovered dead at the home of the prime suspect, Zahir Jaffer, in Islamabad’s upscale Sector F-7/4.

Zahir was charged with murder after a first information report (FIR) was filed on behalf of Noor’s father under Section 302 (premeditated murder) of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC).

The Trial

The trial began on October 20, 2021, when Zahir was formally charged with the crime by an Islamabad court. Along with Zahoor, two of the family’s employees, Jamil and Jan Mohammad, were indicted.

The trial lasted 25 hearings in total, with Zahir attempting to prove himself mentally ill throughout.

The trial court, on the other hand, found him to be physically and mentally fit.

Zahir Jaffer files a not guilty plea

According to Geo News, the case took a new turn on February 10 when Zahir pleaded not guilty to the crime.

On behalf of the main accused, his lawyer responded to the court’s questionnaire with his client’s defense in the case.

Zahir testified in court that he had a “relationship” with the victim for a long time and that both families knew each other. He did, however, clarify that he had “not been in contact with Noor for six months.”

“On July 18, she came to my house by herself with a large number of drugs.” “Noor asked me to arrange a drug party, and I refused her,” Zahir explained.

“When I woke up a few hours later, I found myself tied in my lounge,” Jaffer explained, adding that after a few minutes, uniformed police and civilians “rescued” him.

“When I was rescued, I found out that Noor had been murdered by someone at the drug party or by someone else,” Jaffer explained.

He also claimed that the victim’s father is an “important” person and that he got him involved in the case by putting pressure on the police.

Similar Articles



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


Most Popular