Google Maps has become a very useful tool in the daily lives of many travelers since its launch in 2005. The Google Maps app has made it easier to locate specific locations as well as people. The app is totally free.
You can even track someone on Google Maps without letting them know, find a cell phone, and do a variety of other things.
Though tracking someone without their permission using Google Maps is a violation of privacy and we do not recommend it, you can try real-time tracking a friend or family member to be safe. They must, however, share their current location on WhatsApp in order to do so.
Notably, the sharing live location feature is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. Although you cannot share your current location on a PC, you can view someone else’s location on the desktop version of Google Maps. You have the option to stop sharing your location with someone at any time.
How to Share a Google Maps Location from an iPhone or iPad
- To share your current location with someone who has a Google account, you must first add their Gmail address to your Google Contacts.
- After that, launch Google Maps on your device, tap your profile picture, and then select location sharing.
- Then tap Add People, select the time period for which you want to share your location, and tap one or more contacts.
- Finally, give Google Maps permission to share your contacts.
- Finally, tap Share. You can share a location link from the Add People tab of the above process if the person does not have a Google account.
- You can also share the link via iMessage or another messaging app.
How do I share the location of my Android phone on Google Maps?
- Tap your profile picture in Google Maps.
- Then go to Location Sharing and add people to your list.
- Set a time for sharing and then select a contact.
- If the other person doesn’t have a Google account, you’ll need to use the Add People section’s Location Sharing link.
- You can also copy the link and send it via text message or email.