Owing a vehicle is a pleasant thing, but this please could be a nightmare if you bought accidentally a second-handed illegal vehicle from an unknown person. Before you buy, you must have its possession, excise taxation record, and other documents verified by an authority. We’ll show you how to verify vehicle ownership in Pakistan online in this post.
Previously, the verification process was time-consuming and difficult. This process is now quick and simple thanks to technological advancements. All you have to do is send one text and you’ll have all the information you need in seconds. Tax and excise information will also be sent to you.
Stolen Vehicle Identification System
In 2013, the Pakistani government established the Stolen Vehicles Identification System (SVIS). This is a useful system for reducing the resale of stolen vehicles and locating lost vehicles. If you SMS the chassis number of your vehicle to 8521 from any mobile network in Pakistan, you will receive specific data on your cell phone.
How To Verify Vehicle Ownership in Pakistan Via Mobile?
- Open your mobile phone’s SMS window.
- In the text box, enter your vehicle’s chassis number, such as CNO ABCXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Please send to 8521.
- You’ll get all of the necessary information in seconds, like this:
- RNO* ZZZZ
- ENO* XXXX
- CNO* XXXX
- Status (Stolen/ Recovered)
- Automobile Brand
- Registration date
- Owner’s name
- Price paid
RNO: Registration Number
ENO: Engine Number
CNO: Chassis Number
Apart from SMS, you can also check the status of your vehicle online. Visit the following websites for online car verification:
- Sindh’s vehicle verification website link: Vehicle Verification Portal
- Punjab’s vehicle verification website link: Vehicle Verification Portal
- KPK’s vehicle verificationwebsite link: Vehicle Verification Portal
- Balochistan’s vehicle verificationwebsite link: Vehicle Verification Portal
Click on the above-mentioned links for online verification. Fill in the vehicle number in capital letters when the page loads. Verify your identity with the Recaptcha and then click the search button. Following that, you’ll be asked to provide detailed information about the vehicle you’re looking for.