The federal government is making every effort to strengthen the country’s Information Technology (IT) sector, which has massive potential to open up new investment avenues and revenue streams for the national economy.
Platforms such as the National E-Tijarat Portal, which was recently launched by Pakistan’s Prime Minister, will undoubtedly make a difference in the long run. As Pakistan’s first e-commerce web portal, it is leading the way for the establishment of centralized trade networks and transparent financial systems through the use of cutting-edge technology.
In order to capitalize on the ever-increasing importance and scope of freelancing in today’s digital world, the Ministry of Information Technology & Telecommunication (MoITT) has launched the National Freelance Training Program in collaboration with the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB).
This platform provides cutting-edge freelancing training and skill development courses to help self-employed professionals and freelancers in Pakistan hone their skills and capabilities.
We’ve put together a detailed overview of the NFTP in this blog to help you learn more about this government-backed initiative aimed at assisting aspiring freelancers in the country in achieving their professional goals.
The National Freelance Training Program has been widely publicized. To serve aspirant freelancers in all four provinces, the NFTP has partnered with some of the country’s top universities and faculty members to provide courses and training programs, as well as workshops for skill development.
This freelancer training platform is now available in more than 18 cities, with dozens of registered centers, and has already served over 21,000 trainees. It is based not only on on-campus sessions but there are also online sessions organized on the NFTP’s official Facebook page to cater to a larger audience.
If you want to join the NFTP, the following courses and training programs are currently available.
Courses and Training Programs Offered in National Freelance Training Program
Freelancing: It will assist you in improving your freelancing skills. You would learn how to capitalize on your knowledge and experience on various freelancing platforms such as Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer.com, and PeoplePerHour, among others.
Technical: This is better suited to web developers and programmers. You’d be trained in some of today’s most useful development and software programming tools, such as CSS, SQL, WordPress, PHP, and other programs.
Content Marketing and Advertising: This is a collection of non-technical training courses and workshops aimed primarily at people in the digital media and marketing industries. By enrolling in these courses, aspiring professionals can learn a lot about social media strategies, creative and engaging content creation, blogging, SEO, and lead generation through digital marketing tactics.
Creative Designing: The NFTP also provides a number of courses in the field of graphic design. These courses provide an excellent opportunity for young people to learn from some of the industry’s most skilled and experienced graphic designers and visualizers.
How to Apply for the National Freelancer Training Program?
The NFTP accepts applications on a quarterly basis. The process and eligibility criteria are straightforward, as detailed below:
- The first thing you should do is go to the NFTP’s official website.
- Now, click on the registration button, and then enter your CNIC.
- Before clicking the “agree” button, carefully read the terms and conditions displayed on the screen.
- You will then be redirected to a page where you must fill out a form with your personal, contact, academic, and/or professional information.
- You will then receive a confirmation email with a link and your Website login credentials.
- After submitting your application and creating your account, you must take an online test to qualify for the NFTP within the next 48 hours, or your application will be rejected.
Eligiblility criteria and document requirments for NFTP
- To apply for this program, you must be under the age of 40 and have completed at least 14 years of education.
- To register for the National Freelance Training Programme, you must have a valid CNIC and a domicile certificate (NFTP).
- Students who are already enrolled in one of the program’s partnered institutes must submit a valid student ID as well as any other necessary documents.
Duration of NFTP Courses and Trying Program
The National Freelance Training Programme offers courses and training programs that last three months. In a given year, the program accommodates three batches of trainees for each of the skill development training courses.
After completing your three-month training, you will receive a certificate from the NFTB recognizing your accomplishments.
NFTP Centers across Pakistan
Here is a list of the campuses and branches of the partnered universities and financial institutions located across the country, organized by region.
- Mehran UET, Jamshoro
- University of Karachi
- NED University, Karachi
- QUEST, Nawabshah
- IBA, Sukkur
- National Textile University, Faisalabad
- University of Education, Lahore
- University of Education, Multan
- PMAS-Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi
- The Islamia University, Bahawalpur
- Balochistan University of Engineering and Technology, Khuzdar
- Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences
- University of Balochistan, Quetta
- Turbat University, Turbat
- Institute of Management Sciences (IMSciences), Peshawar
- University of Engineering & Technology Mardan
- University of Malakand
- Karakoram International University, Gilgit
AZAD JAMMU & KASHMIR
- University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad
- International Islamic University, Islamabad
Contact information of the national freelance training program
If you want more information, contact the number mentioned below.
Contact number: (042) 99030127
Email address: email@example.com
Or fill out the inquiry form on the NFTP web portal.