According to Geo News, PML-N senior leader Mian Javed Latif stated on Monday that former Prime Minister and party supremo Nawaz Sharif is expected to return to Pakistan after Eid.
Following his illness, the PML-N left for London in November 2019 after Prime Minister Imran Khan allowed him to travel abroad for medical treatment.
In 2018, an accountability court sentenced Nawaz to seven years in prison in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills corruption case, and he was also sentenced to 11 years in prison and fined £8 million (Rs1.3 billion) in the Avenfield properties case.
After sling his sentence, the Lahore High Court allowed Nawaz to travel abroad for medical treatment in 2019.
Speaking on Geo News’ Aapas Ki Baat, PML-N senior leader Javed Latif stated that Nawaz will return to Pakistan after Eid because there is no pandemic in the country at the moment.
Latif went on to say that once Nawaz arrives in Pakistan, he will face the charges against him.
A timeline of Nawaz Sharif’s case
- Nawaz Sharif’s condition deteriorated overnight between October 21 and 22, 2019, and he was admitted to a hospital.
- On October 25, Nawaz Sharif got bail in the Chaudhry Sugar Mills case on medical basis.
- In the Al-Azizia case, Nawaz Sharif was granted interim bail on humanitarian grounds on October 26.
- Nawaz Sharif suffered a mild heart attack on October 26, according to Punjab Health Minister Yasmeen Rashid.
- In the Al-Azizia case, Nawaz Sharif’s sentence was suspended for two months on medical grounds on October 29.
- He was transferred to Jati Umra after being discharged from Nawaz Sharif Services Hospital.
- On November 8, Shahbaz Sharif requested that Nawaz Sharif’s name be removed from the Exit Control List (ECL).
- The federal cabinet granted Nawaz Sharif conditional permission to leave the country on November 12.
- The PML-N challenged the condition of the indemnity bond in the Lahore High Court on November 14.
- On November 16, the Lahore High Court granted Nawaz Sharif permission to travel abroad for medical treatment.
- Nawaz Sharif left for London for treatment on November 19, 2019.