The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) will hold a public rally in Karachi on Saturday at Bagh-e-Jinnah as part of its mass contact campaign announced by former Prime Minister and PTI Chairman Imran Khan.
The PTI has announced public meetings in various cities as part of a countrywide protest campaign against the ouster of its government.
Imran Khan, the leader of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, will arrive in Karachi at 4 p.m. today for the public meeting. He will speak at the rally around 10:00 a.m.
According to the NOC issued by the district administration, the PTI must end the power show at 12:00 a.m., and the use of weapons is prohibited in the public meeting.
On Friday, PTI Chairman Imran Khan took to Twitter to ask party supporters to carry the Pakistan flag at a rally in Karachi.
“My request to all those attending our jalsa in Karachi is to carry our Pakistan flag as this is now a fight for Pakistan’s sovereignty and haqeeqi (true) democracy, as well as against US-instigated regime change supported by local Mir Jafars,” he tweeted.
The alternate routes for the PTI’s April 16 public rally have also been announced by the traffic police.
Traffic on Shahrah-e-Quadeen will be rerouted to Khalid Bin Waleed Road.
- Drivers on University Road will be detoured onto the Shaheed Millat Expressway.
- Traffic from Jail Chowrangi to Jamshed Road will be detoured through Soldier Bazaar and Business Recorder Road. The general public will not be permitted to travel from Regal Chowk to New MA Jinnah Road, Corridor 3.
- Buses, minibusses, and other heavy traffic from Nazimabad and Teen Hatti will be barred from entering Gurumandir from Lasbela.
- Traffic from the Tibet signal on MA Jinnah Road will be diverted from Capri to Soldier Bazaar No. 1, Bahadur Yar Jang Road. Heavy traffic from Liaquatabad No. 10 to Teen Hatti and Gurumandir will be prohibited.
Parking and route options for participants
- Parking will be available at the Tai Karate Ground, the China Ground on Kashmir Road, the Excise Chowrangi (Jigar Muradabadi), Nishtar Park, and the Mazar-e-Quaid (VIP) Gate.
- Participants coming from Sindh can travel from Sohrab Goth to the Tai Karate Ground via Water Pump, Liaquatabad, Post Office, Gurumandir, and Nishtar Park
- Participants from the Central District can access the Tai Karate Ground via the Liaquatabad Post Office, Gurumandir, and park their vehicles.
- Similarly, rally participants from the South district and Korangi can arrive via Sharea Faisal and Sharea Quaideen and park their vehicles at the Society Office traffic signal near the Khudadad Colony Underpass.
- Participants driving from the West district via Pak Colony can take Shah Nawaz Bhutto Chowk, Rexer Lane traffic signal, Garden Chowk, and MA Jinnah Road to the Tai Karate Ground.
- Participants traveling from Thatta, Malir, and District East via Sharea Faisal can park near the Dawood Engineering University (Islamia College) via Karsaz, Stadium Road, and the New Town Jail Road flyover.
- To avoid any inconvenience, the public is asked to cooperate with law enforcement agencies and traffic cops.