After the completion of public transit projects in Sindh, the Sindh transport department has stated that obsolete and outdated buses will be banned from operating in Karachi.
Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon, who also oversees the transport and public transportation departments, made the announcement.
In a statement, Memon said in a statement that the provincial government had informed the city’s representative groups of public transportation service providers of the decision.
“Thousands of buses are being sent to Karachi, for which China and Turkey have undertaken negotiations,” he added. He also stated that the People’s Bus Service will commence in Karachi this month.
“Work on the Red Line project, in partnership with the Asian Development Bank, is in full gear, and a proposal for the Blue Line project has also surfaced,” he said.
According to Sharjeel Memon, the Orange Line BRT project is virtually finished, and it will be operational by the end of June.
The project’s completion date had been scheduled for May 30 by Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Memon.
Former Sindh chief minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah inaugurated the Orange Line bus project in June 2016 to serve the 50,000 inhabitants of Orangi Town.
The Orange Line bus project will run for four kilometers between the Orangi Municipal Office and the Matriculation Board in Chowrangi. This system would employ a total of 20 buses.