Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif has announced the introduction of a’sasta petrol sasta diesel’ plan to help Pakistan’s poor.
The program’s primary beneficiaries are those with monthly family earnings of less than Rs. 40,000. The government has set aside Rs. 28 billion to help around 14 million underprivileged families across the country.
How to Apply
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- For registration, provide their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number to 786 by SMS.
- Wait for the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) to send you an SMS confirming the payment transfer.
- Residents of Punjab, Sindh, and Balochistan can visit HBL after getting the message, while residents of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), Gilgit Baltistan (GB), and Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) can go to Bank Alfalah to collect an Rs. 2,000 subsidy.
The government will provide this assistance to 8 million BISP-registered families. 6 million unregistered families are included in the relief quota, and they must show documentation that their monthly family income is less than Rs. 40,000.
The following are the program’s terms and conditions:
- The assistance is available to everyone who is enrolled in BISP.
- Only one member of a family will be eligible for assistance.
- Women who are married or widowed are given priority in the program.
- In the event that a widowed or married lady is not available, a male representative will be compensated.
- Subsidy payments will begin soon once registration is completed.
The Finance Ministry has issued a warning about upcoming petrol price rises, which would make everyday travel difficult for a huge number of people.