In collaboration with the Ministry of Planning, Development, and Special Initiatives, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) is holding an inter-university essay writing competition in honor of Pakistan’s 75th Independence Day.
The tournament aims to provide young people with the tools they need to assess Pakistan’s prospects and challenges. They will be able to recognize critically how young people may contribute to the growth of the nation via creativity, critical thinking, and user involvement.
Candidates can showcase their writing abilities in English or Urdu for a chance to win cash prizes.
Topics (English and Urdu)
- Development Journey of Pakistan from 1947 to 2022; Lessons Learnt vis-à-vis Other Countries.
- Pakistan at 2047: National Youth Aspirations.
Candidates need to:
- citizens of Pakistan and Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJK).
- regular college students.
- 25 years of age at maximum.
Essay Writing Criteria
- One language only, for entry.
- There are around 2,500–3,000 words.
- Times New Roman, size 12, with a 1.5 line spacing, is required for the English essay.
- The essay in Urdu must be typed, not written by hand.
- Submissions must be made in PDF format only.
The submission cutoff date is August 26, 2022.
How to Participate
- Candidates must submit their registration forms, which can be acquired from hec.gov.pk, along with their essays.
- A physical copy of the essay and the registration form must be delivered through courier to “Saher Mirza, Assistant Director (Academics), Higher Education Commission, Sector H-8, Islamabad,” and both must be forwarded to email@example.com via email.
Cash Prizes (for English and Urdu)
The following cash prizes will be given to the competition’s winners:
- Rs. 500,000 was the winning bid.
- The second-place prize is Rs. 300,000.
- The amount for third place: Rs. 200,000.
- Each place from fourth to tenth receives Rs. 100,000.
- Duplicate and incomplete entries will be disqualified, and the HEC maintains the right to disqualify any or all entries at its discretion.