If you like music, you’re probably on Spotify. And there’s a good chance you’re a Spotify Premium subscriber. If this were true, I’m sure you’d have a ton of Spotify downloads with tens of playlists to listen to music on the go.
The best part about Spotify downloads is that you can listen to your favorite music even when you’re not connected to the Internet. But wait! There’s a catch! These downloads take up a lot of storage space on your phone and remain there indefinitely (unless you delete them).
This raises the serious quention, “How to delete downloaded songs on Spotify?” Is there any way out? Yes, indeed! There are several methods for deleting them. Read this acticle till end to get awnsers of many questions.
How To Delete Downloaded Songs On Spotify?
Unlike the default music app on an Android phone, deleting Spotify downloads is not as simple. To delete a download in any other music app, long press and select the song, or tap the menu icon, and then simply delete it.
However, delete downloaded songs On Spotify is done in a different way. But, before we begin, you must first understand where they are located. They are, however, hidden within the Your Library option.
Follow these simple steps to delete Spotify downloads on Android:
- Open the Spotify app on your device.
- Locate and tap Your library in the bottom right corner.
- Now, choose the song or playlist you want to remove.
- Finally, locate and tap the download button ↓ .
This will clear out all of the downloads from your Spotify app. It should be noted that the most recent Spotify version does not allow you to delete a song individually. To delete a song, you must first delete the entire album or playlist.
Deleting Spotify downloads essentially means you won’t be able to listen to the deleted songs offline, which means you’ll need an internet connection to listen to the songs online.
Here is a video showing how to delete downloaded songs On Spotify?
How to Delete Downloaded Spotify Podcasts
It’s as simple as ABC to delete downloaded Spotify podcasts on mobile. It works in the same way as deleting songs on Spotify. You can, however, delete specific episodes of the podcast.
To delete podcasts from Spotify;
- Open the application.
- Click on “Your Library.”
- Choose the podcast you want to remove.
- Now, choose the episode or episodes you want to delete and click the download button.
How to Delete Spotify Downloads on PC?
If you use Spotify on your PC, don’t worry because you can also delete Spotify downloads on your PC. The procedure is identical to that on Android. Here’s how to go about it:
- Sign in to your Spotify account on your computer.
- Find and select “Your Library.”
- Choose the playlist you want to remove from your computer.
- Click the download button next to the playlist name and you’re done!
Your playlist’s songs will be removed. However, the songs will remain in your library for you to listen to when you get back online.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Android?
The best way to get rid of all Spotify data once and for all is to uninstall the app. Uninstalling any app on Android is a simple process that I’m sure you’re familiar with.
However, if you’re new to smartphones or haven’t found a way to uninstall an app yet, follow the steps below:
- Open the settings on your mobile.
- Choose App
- Select Spotify Now from the list of apps, then tap Storage to clear data and uninstall the app.
- To clear all app-related data on your Android phone, first tap Clear Data at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, select the Uninstall option to remove the Spotify app from your device.
How do I delete downloaded songs on Spotify?
To delete downloaded songs from Spotify, follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify app on the phone.
- In the bottom right corner, tap Your Library.
- Choose the playlist or song you want to delete.
- To delete the playlist or song, tap the download icon (green downward arrow).
Do Spotify Downloads take up Storage?
Yes, Spotify downloads take up a lot of space on your device. Unwanted files can be deleted or backed up on an external SD card to make room for the music. You can also delete Spotify songs from the Spotify app.