The UAE Ministry of Interior has listed 25 countries where people can replace their UAE driving license when residing there, as opposed to the 24 countries that accept the UAE driving license upon visitation.
Other countries that can only accept the driver’s license of the UAE as identification when they visit include Estonia, Albania, Portugal, Hungary, Greece, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Cyprus, Latvia, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Malta, Iceland, Montenegro, the United Kingdom, Austria, Denmark, the Netherlands, Poland, Finland, and China.
The licensed service’s data in this situation, which was made available on the website of the Ministry of Interior, showed 43 nations whose citizens can operate a vehicle with their national license without restrictions during the day.
In addition, 44 nations were recognized by the service, whose citizens could, after meeting certain requirements, exchange their national licenses for Emirati ones in the event of residency.
The recognition of a foreign driving license denotes the use of national driving licenses in the UAE for purposes other than residency, while replacement denotes the exchange of the national driving license for a UAE driving license while residing in the UAE, according to the licenced service page on the ministry’s website.
The following conditions must be met in order to drive on American roads with a foreign driver’s license:
- The license must be up to date.
- There is a purpose other than residence for which entry into the country is desired.
You must satisfy the following criteria in order to exchange your foreign driver’s license for an Emirati one:
- Being one of the countries where driving privileges can be exchanged
- A valid resident permit is to be in possession.
- Its owner’s national licence must be perpetual and in good standing.
- Completing the necessary paperwork, passing a medical exam, and exchanging driving licences.
- Meeting the legal age requirement in compliance with UAE laws and regulations.