The City Traffic Police of Lahore treats unlicensed drivers harshly, fining them heavily. In a recent tweet, the police issued a new warning to the public, urging them to get driving licenses or face serious repercussions. Get your license if you drive a bike or car; otherwise, you’ll be fined Rs. 2,000, the police tweeted.
پھر نہ کہنا کہ خبرنہیں ہوئی۔— City Traffic Police Lahore (@ctplahore) January 25, 2023
کیا آپ کوئی موٹرسائیکل یا گاڑی چلاتے ہیں؟
کیاآپ کے پاس ڈرائیونگ لائسنس ہے؟#License #Licensingcenters #Lahore #drivinglicense #Trafficfines #Followrules @drmalhi @OfficialDPRPP pic.twitter.com/pmq6jkMuZh
The police explained how to get a learner’s permit from DLIMS Punjab as they continued their appeal. For the benefit of our readers, we are also presenting the entire process here.
Getting Learner Driving Permit Via DLIMS Punjab
The police tweeted a complete breakdown of how to get a learner’s permit from DLIMS Punjab. According to the tweet, these are the categories, age restrictions, and costs for traffic tickets.
- The motorcycle driving age limit is 18 and the fine is Rs. 60.
- 18 years old for a car with an Rs. 60 ticket price
- 21 years old for LTV with an Rs. 60 ticket requires
- 22 years of age and costs Rs. 60 per ticket.
Additionally, a person applying for an HTV must be at least 22 years old or possess an LTV or standard driver’s license that has been valid for three years. The applicant may also submit a PSV application if his HTV license is more than a year old.
Important Documents Required
The following must be held by the applicant:
National CNIC of origin
one copy of the CNIC
A medical certificate is required for people over 50
Validation of Learner Permit
- The learner’s permit is valid for six months, and after 42 days the applicant can submit an application for a regular driving license.
- The learner’s permit can be extended after it expires after six months, and the driver may then use the vehicle in accordance with these regulations.
- To the front and back screens of the car, apply red tape, and then attach the letter “L” with a height of 4 inches and a width of 3.5 inches.
- A qualified driver should be seated in the passenger seat to control the situation in an emergency and to stop the vehicle.
لرنر ڈرائیونگ پرمٹ حاصل کرنے کا طریقہ کار.#Trafficpolice #Policepublic #Lahore #RoadSafety #Trafficawareness @drmalhi @OfficialDPRPP #IGPPunjab #CCPOLahore #PPIC3 #drivinglicense pic.twitter.com/tXpRuu9j7I— City Traffic Police Lahore (@ctplahore) January 24, 2023
Get your learner permit from the DLIMS if you have only recently started driving a car or riding a bike in order to drive legally and avoid paying hefty fines.