The only Peugeot 2008 crossover in the country, Peugeot Lucky Motor Corporation (PLMC), has resumed taking orders despite having announced a price increase of Rs. 500,000.
The company states that a car is available for reservation with a delivery date of March 2023.
It is important to remember that on Friday, KIA Lucky Motors stopped taking reservations for any of its cars, and shortly after that, PLMC stopped taking orders for Peugeot 2008.
FBR IMPOSES 50% CUSTOMS DUTY ON MILD HYBRID CARS
According to the company’s official statement, “We are forced to temporarily postpone the bookings of all Kia vehicles due to the recent substantial fluctuation of the US Dollar versus the Pakistani Rupee.” We want to be clear that we’ll keep making reservations once the USD/PKR exchange rate has stabilized.
The cycle of price increases through 2023 is currently in full force. By increasing the price of its lone crossover Peugeot 2008 versions, the French automaker Peugeot followed the example set by the Japanese automakers Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, and KIA.
The most recent prices for both variants are listed below.
- Peugeot’s 2008 Active model now costs Rs. 5,899,000 as opposed to Rs. 5,400,000 previously. This shows an increase of Rs. 499,000.
- The Peugeot 2008 Allure version will now cost Rs. 6599,000 as opposed to Rs. 6,100,000. The increase of Rs. 499,000 is indicated by this.
The first thing to note is that Peugeot has six airbags when it comes to safety features. The additional safety factors consist of:
- Hill Start Assist
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Rear View Camera
- Front + Rear Parking Sensors
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Blind Spot Detection
- Active Lane Keep Assistance
- High Beam Assist
- Road Sign & Speed Limit Recognition