The Directorate of Passports and the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) have collaborated on a joint initiative with DG & IP to introduce online passport renewal services.
This service allows Pakistani applicants within the country to apply for passport renewal, while overseas applicants can access the Online MRP Web Portal for various renewal services, such as reprinting due to damage, applying for a new passport for newly born individuals, reprinting lost passports, renewing exhausted passports, and making partial modifications for newly married female applicants.
To apply for the online passport renewal service, applicants must have the following documents ready:
- A photograph with a file size of up to 5MB.
- A filled Fingerprint form.
- Supporting documents (varies based on age and category).
- A valid credit card for online payment.
Here are the steps to apply online:
- Click the ‘Get Started’ button.
- Register your account using your email and receive an SMS code. Overseas applicants will receive the code via email only.
- Start the application for a machine-readable passport by filling in the required details.
- Provide the address for passport delivery.
- Pay the fees using a credit card or debit card (Visa/Master only).
- Enter your details.
- Provide both your present and permanent addresses.
- Upload your photograph and all the required supporting documents.
- Download the form and capture the four fingerprints as required by the system.
- Ensure the scanner is set to 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG, and Grayscale, then scan the form and upload it.
- Review all the information entered and submit the application.
It’s essential to note that there is no refund policy for the fees paid during the application process. Additionally, users who are registered in the Pak-identity system can log in directly using their username and password.