The National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA) has outlined the process for obtaining Form B and identity cards for children under the age of 18.
Here is the step-by-step procedure:
- Visit a NADRA center along with the computerised birth certificate of the child. One parent or a court-appointed guardian should accompany the child.
- If both parents are present, one will be the applicant, and the other will act as a verifier.
- If there is only one parent listed on the application, it needs to be verified by a Gazetted Officer or a public representative (like an MNA, MPA, or municipal official).
- The child must be present for the identity card process.
- Capture the child’s photograph and fingerprints for children aged 10 and above.
- If the computerised birth certificate facility is unavailable at the Union Council, a school certificate or a manual certificate from the Union Council is acceptable.
- For additional information and assistance,
- 24/7 Helpline: 051111786100
- For mobile users: 1777
- NADRA Website: nadra.gov.pk.
It’s important to know that if you can’t get a computerized birth certificate at the Union Council, it’s okay to use a school certificate or a manual certificate from the Union Council.