The UAE Golden Visa, introduced in 2019 as a sought-after 10-year residency program, has proven to be a transformative initiative. Geared towards attracting a diverse range of talents and investors, the program witnessed a significant 52% surge in issuances in the first half of 2023.
As of November 2022, Dubai alone had granted over 150,000 Golden Visas, underscoring its increasing appeal. This guide delves into the ways one can obtain this prestigious visa without conventional employment, exploring the various categories, associated advantages, and intricacies of the application process.
Benefits of the UAE Golden Visa
The Golden Visa comes with a range of benefits:
- Inclusion of family members, such as spouses and children up to 25 years old, in the residence permits.
- There are no age restrictions for unmarried daughters, and there are provisions for children with special needs.
- Flexibility in sponsoring domestic workers.
- The visa maintains its validity regardless of the duration spent outside the UAE.
Eligibility Criteria for Non-Employed Applicants
The Golden Visa program is open to individuals in five main categories:
- Property Buyers: Those who invest in property valued at Dh2 million or more. Dubai recently removed the Dh1 million down payment requirement, and you can also invest in off-plan properties with installment payments.
- Cash Deposit: High-net-worth individuals can qualify by depositing Dh2 million in a local bank for two years. Some banks assist individuals in obtaining the UAE Golden Visa through this method.
- Entrepreneurs: Individuals owning or partnering in a startup within the UAE’s SME category, generating annual revenues of at least Dh1 million, or those who have previously sold a project for no less than Dh7 million.
- Scientists and Researchers: Candidates with significant achievements in fields like engineering, technology, life sciences, and natural sciences, holding a PhD or Master’s Degree from top universities.
- Outstanding Students: High-performing students in UAE secondary schools, graduates from UAE universities, and those who graduated from the top 100 universities worldwide, based on academic performance and university ranking.
How to Get a 10-Year UAE Golden Visa Without a Job
To apply for the UAE Golden Visa without traditional employment, follow these steps:
- Determine Eligibility: Check if you qualify under one of the five categories mentioned earlier.
- Collect Documents: Gather required documents such as financial records, property deeds, academic certificates, and proof of professional achievements.
- Submit Application: Apply through the official UAE visa portal or authorised channels.
In conclusion, the UAE Golden Visa presents a unique and attractive prospect for individuals seeking long-term residency in the UAE, even without conventional employment. Whether you fall into the categories of investor, entrepreneur, scientist, or student, this program provides a clear pathway to a promising future in the Emirates. With its inclusive eligibility criteria and comprehensive benefits, the Golden Visa stands out as a compelling option for a diverse range of applicants.