Fiverr is the biggest online marketplace for digital freelancing services in the world. Launched in 2010, their network is rapidly expanding with more than 1.9 million gigs (services on Fiverr) across 120 categories listed each day.
if you made your profile on fiverr to earn money but still you are not getting in someone’s eye for work, take it easy here are some useful tips to make money on fiverr.
1. Work on your profile
Creating a profile on Fiverr is not just enough to start getting work. If you want to make money on Fiverr, work on making your profile look attractive and professional. Start by using real pictures, videos and offer a good description of your services. Simply mentioning your name and service is not enough; present the content in a manner that attracts buyers.
Foolproof research on Fiverr confirmed that profiles with attractive images of females got relatively more work. Sorry guys, but you need to seriously take this into consideration.
2. Add a good description of your gig
Fiverr has more than a million gigs listed on their websites each day, so how do you make your services stand out from the rest? A good and detailed description of your gigs will definitely get you more work.
While describing your gigs, write like a Boss and highlight a few pointers to grab the attention of readers. Clearly mention the delivery time and make sure that you are quicker than the rest. It is always rewarding to specify some bonus services that you offer with your gigs.
3. Use your target keywords smartly
This is a very important tip if you want to make money on Fiverr. Fiverr uses its defined set of guidelines while displaying SEO specific results. If you want a good ranking, make sure that you use target keywords at least 3-4 times in the description and use it intelligently in the title as well.
For example, if you are offering postcard designing services on Fiverr, give a title something like this – I will Create unique Postcard Designs and also Revamp your old Postcard Designs. This is the intelligent use of target keywords (2 in a title) that I was talking about.
4. Work on similar gigs
While expanding your portfolio seems like a good opportunity, there is no need to make a huge transition to starkly different topics and niches. Freelancers on Fiverr suggest that it always better to work on the variants of a job that you are already doing.
For example, if you are offering content writing services, expand your portfolio by offering related services like blog writing, editing content and creating relevant content for websites. Just by doing things sensibly you can get more work for you that get too much for you.
5. Ensure your services are new and unique
While everybody is selling on Fiverr, if you want to make good money, make sure you offer unique services that are not generally listed on the website. People hiring jobs are always on a lookout for new and innovative ideas.
Pranav Lohani, a freelancer at Fiverr quoted that with right skills people can easily make money on Fiverr and the earnings definitely get better with time.
6. Market your gigs well
The best and easiest way to make money on Fiverr is to let the world know about your services. Profusely share your gigs on social media platforms like Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter and Quora to network with more and more people and raise awareness.
Another freelancer writer at Fiverr, Dhruv Mehta stated that by “using proper ways to promote your gigs, you will be able to earn on Fiverr”.
7. Keep your clients happy
Last but never the least, one of the most important things you need to bear in mind while offering services on Fiverr is – to keep your customers happy. Satisfied customers mean repeat work, good reviews and recommendations.
How to make customers happy? It’s easy. Maintain your work quality, stick to the timelines and keep your clients updated on the progress. Offering added incentives is another way to retain customers and keep you above your competitors.
Here are some tips to aviod commoc mistakes most of the freelancers make. Here are they:
- Make sure your profile is 100% complete. If you don’t know where to start, your UpWork homepage will help you. On the right side of the page, you will see a percentage and guidance on what to add to your profile.
- The most important thing you are ignoring is your profile picture. It’s the first impression the client gets from you
- The next thing you need to work on, is the title and the description. Your title should be clear and only about one specialization.
And the description should be to the point. Don’t write long introductory paragraphs. Speak about your experience and how you can help clients. Make sure you don’t have any grammar mistakes.
- Make sure you have a good portfolio with eye-catching images. Your portfolio is important to the clients because they want to see if you have a previous experience similar to their project.
- What you should be careful about is the Skills section. Go to your Profile Settings and make sure your Categories section is relevant to your profile title and the description. The clients are going to find you according to the skills you mention in your profile. And after you complete several jobs, they will find you according to the skills the clients
In next blog we will teach you how to make good gig on portfolio to attract more clients to make handsome money, stay tune!